Friday, February 20, 2009

The Time Has Come...

So we actually have a billion things to do this weekend, none of them too stressful, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog before the big day or not. First off, I just want to say that despite being surprised by the timing of this baby, I really am looking forward to having another one. I had a really hard time adjusting to the idea of it, mostly because when I found out I was pregnant Maeli still seemed like such a baby to me...that has worn off and I'm excited to see her as a big sister. I'm super excited to be bringing a boy into the world (although if by some chance it turns out to be a girl, that's quite alright and I hope she likes blue) and I can't wait to see how Jeremy interacts with him. He is such an amazing Dad...they say some women are born with a maternal instinct, Jeremy just gooshes paternal tenderness. When it comes to kids he is just so at ease, and just loves them all to pieces...I could not have picked a better father for my babies and I'm so grateful for all his love and support for me as the mother of his.

This pregnancy has been very different for me, first, the shock of it all. Second, I'm carrying very differently than I did with Maeli and it has been much more painful than I remember (although they say all women get amnesia about pregnancy and child birth or they would never have more). And knowing that this one would be a planned c-section has taken away a little of the wonder, and a lot of the mystery of timing. I am so grateful that we've had the chance to know the date...after such a mess with Maeli I figure this will even the score. I admit I'm nervous about the surgery itself. Jeremy's not a blood and guts kind of guy, so he's super nervous about all the "coulds" but also knowing that he has to be the rock I'll need him to be so that I don't freak out about all the "coulds" puts him in a very tough spot. I think I've focused on the "get to have a c-section" pros and he's tried to ignore the "have to have a c-section" cons and together we're pretty sure it'll all be good. Although I did give him the list of requirements for my replacement should something go terribly wrong...but he did ask our Dr and he hasn't lost one yet.

I'm looking forward to getting to the next part...I love staying at hospitals--it goes back to when I was 9, long story--so I'm actually looking forward to that. And we welcome any and all visitors between 1pm-7pm any day that we're there. I remember one of my old co-workers came to see me at 7 in the morning the day after I had Maeli--not so welcome then, I think Jeremy was still asleep on the couch and I was trying to figure out nursing...anyway...we love afternoon company. And visitors are welcome at the house with at least a 15 minute warning. Grandma is flying in tomorrow and will be here until Spring Break, then we're driving her back to Oregon so we can bless the baby and show him off to the rest of the family. So we'll have help and I don't really think we'll need anything, but I'll be sure to alert someone if that changes.

Jeremy has promised that if all goes well there will be pictures posted on the blog by noon on Monday. If for some reason there aren't, assume its a technical and not a medical issue and we'll get them posted ASAP. If there is anything that people need to worry about we'll make sure Grandma updates the blog with the scoop.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Relax, enjoy the "down time" the hospital provides, and family too. We'll see you soon!

Kate Clayton said...

I am so excited for you guys. I literally have chills. I can't wait to meet Tucker! Yeah!

KT said...

Good luck tomorrow. We're excited for you guys!

sheila said...

aaahhhh! I'm going to be an Aunt again. And to a boy, that's new to us! Good luck tomorrow everything will go great! We love you!