Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A long but good day




We had trouble finding an Internet connection...sorry. Tucker had a good day, we got to help change his diaper, and touch him a lot more. I got to help clean his neck, and keep his mouth moist. They flipped him onto his belly for a while, to give him a little variety, he actually looked more comfortable that way. His XRay looked better today, and he had an ECG, but we won't know how that turned out until the morning. He seemed a little more alert, more kicking and a little fighting of the tube, but they're not keeping him as medicated, so that's a good thing. They also gave him some blood, just to give him a little more energy, and help him feel a little better. We're all pretty worn out, physically and emotionally. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow in Pullman, so we have to head over there after our morning visit, I'm hoping we won't have to leave to many times without the whole family. I just realized that we don't have any pictures of Jeremy with the baby, mostly because he's usually taking them, but Jeremy is very actively involved with taking to doctors and nursing, and doing everything they'll let him do with Tucker.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

It's wonderful to hear he's improving, and that you guys got to interact with him more. Those are really cute pictures of him on his tummy - it sure looks more comfortable!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the progress report and that he's doing great. I used to love to sleep on my belly to, in another life. I know you and Jeremy are exhausted and I hope you can both get some rest tonight. I'll put that specifically in my prayers! Love to all. gram

Kate Clayton said...

Thanks for taking the time to update your blog. I seriously check your blog every hour. Mike and I are praying for you guys. Mike is taking me to Spokane on Saturday to fly to Utah. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys while we are in the Spokane area. P.S. The truck is safely parked in your driveway. Lots of love!

Kirsten said...

He looks so adorable! Wow, I agree it sounds tiring/emotionally draining. You've got lots of prayers coming your way! Being on the tummy is a great way to sleep - too cute!

Mom said...

His profile does look like Maeli. We check the blog often. We are thinking of you and praying for all of you. Remember Sandra had to go back in the hospital and she turned out OK. Be strong now and colapse later! Love ya, Pretty Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie....I just want you to know that you guys are in our prayers, and if you need anything please don't hesitate to call I'll be there in a second. And I will be checking your blog constantly and praying every minute. Tucker is so adorable..and he does look like he likes sleeping on his belly!

Tarah said...

Ditto to everything everyone else has said. I wish I was there to help. You and Jermey have both done a wonderful job, and I hope things settle down quickly for you two. We'll keep praying!

KT said...

I'm glad things are going more smoothly and improving. He's a good looking boy.

Good luck getting the rest you need to recover. We'll keep praying for you.