Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday

Jeremy survived a day in Pullman without us, but is quite anxious to see his baby in the morning. Mom, Maeli, and I got to the hospital this morning and I was able to spend most of the day touching Tucker. It was wonderful! He is doing well, and they've started to feed him a little bit through a feeding tube. An attempt was made to take him off the blood pressure medicine completely, but he's back on it, in a low dose for now. He's getting stronger and little more feisty, they try to let him be as active as he wants to be until he starts pulling at his tubes, then they have to help him relax a little bit. But we continue to move in the right direction, they're hoping to take out the tube by Monday, but we'll see how the weekend goes. He won't get to come home until he can breath and eat on his own. But we'll take it one day at a time.

I am so sorry to all my friends who so badly want to talk to me, I promise that I would call if there was something that I needed, but actually talking to other women about my sick baby just tears me apart. Blogging is one thing, and he really is doing well, but I'm holding things together as best as I can, and I fear that calling any of you back would push me over the edge. Thank you for your calls, and in a few days I'll start calling people back. In the mean time please keep praying and thinking of us and I appreciate all your efforts, I just can't talk about it in real life yet.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I think everyone understands why you haven't called anyone back. Tears are expected - I mean goodness almost 3 years later and talking about our little guy still makes me tear up. I think crying is theraputic, I hope he gets to come home very soon. You guys are such good parents! Tucker is very blessed.

Anonymous said...

He's lookin' good! You are all lookin' good! Sweetie, you just keep holding it together as you are. You've got a ton of good thoughts and prayers going all the time. You will all get through this just fine. love you all. gram

Anonymous said...

You are doing an awesome job sweetie! And you don't need to even feel slightly bad about not calling anyone back..Tucker needs all your love and attention right now and I think everyone knows that, just be comforted that everyone is praying for you guys...Marc even has the chapleon overseas praying for you guys..we all love you and he looks like he's getting stronger everyday, such a handsome little guy!

Tu Cute said...

We all uderstand that you are trying to do all you can for Tucker right now, and he needs to be your main focus!! Just as long as you know we are all here for you, we will wait till you call and tell us what you need!! When you are ready, we are here for you!!

You all are in our prayers. I am so glad to hear that he is getting stronger each day. What a cutie!!

Tarah said...

Oh heavens, don't feel bad about calling! I felt bad I called you before I knew what happened! After I read your blog I kicked myself for calling. So I'm sorry for that, and I'm glad Tucker is doing better. He really is a cutie. I think about your guys tons, and we're still praying for you.