Friday, June 22, 2007

Tummy Time

We've got a long way to go before we master this belly stuff. Mostly Maeli just picks up her legs and kind of wobbles on her belly. She also roots around with her face, kind of a like a chicken pecking at the ground. But its pretty cute.




We had a two week check up and Dr. Hall was very pleased that she's weighing in at 8lbs 10oz. She has a little bit of a hernia still at her belly button, but he's not at all worried that it won't close on its own. She passed all her tests and, other than peeing on the nurse, was a perfect angle. Jeremy had to hold her while she had another PKU test done and I think it broke his heart when they poked her foot. But they both survived.


And just to let everyone know, I am healing nicely. My incision is looking really good, although the skin around it is so super sensitive, I don't know if that's from the surgery, or from having been stretched out for so long. I see the Doctor in a few weeks to make sure everything is good, but he took a peak at Maeli's appointment and is very happy with the progress. I even walked all the way downtown yesterday (My visiting teaching group went out fro ice cream, well worth the walk.) And I left Jeremy home alone with the baby for over an hour and I survived, maybe I will be able to handle having to go back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She seems so little for tummy time! My kids hated it. It drove everybody crazy that I would put her on her tummy and let her cry for 10 or 15 minutes. I'm with Jeremy, I hate the PKU pokes!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to come home from camp and have so many pictures to see. She hasn't changed so much that I don't recognize her. I can hardly wait until you all come here and I can have the 5 AM shift again for a few more days.

Anonymous said...

You've both come a long way Babe. I'm so pleased that everything is going well. Walking is GOOD! I try to at least go around one block every day. Not bad for an old lady who hadn't walked more than a very few feet in years! I suspect that Jeremy will love being the care giver while you have to be gone. Love to all of you. Gramma

Glenna said...

Maeli is just perfect, It was really exciting to see all three of you. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you. I wish I could have been there all day on Thursday. Beth you are looking so good for just having a baby and everything you went through delivering her. Maeli is so sweet. Take care, can't wait to see you all again. Love you lots. Kiss Maeli for me.