Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Not being one for breakfast, Jeremy had baby in bed this morning.


I just wanted to take a second and thank the Dads in my life for being so wonderful. First, my dad, who has always been willing to get silly with his girls. He's taught me a lot of different things, and we've had some special moments, but the hours and hours that he spent doing tuckins mean more to me than I think he could imagine. I love you Dad, thanks for making time to be a Dad, and not just a father.

My Father-in-law, who, although I've known him for 9 years, I'm still getting used to as a Father figure. But I'm so greatful to him for the Father he's been to Jeremy. The bond they share is so beautiful and untouchable, I hope someday Jeremy has a son to pass on all this McLain moutain man wisdom to.

My Brother, who I wondered about for a long time, has such a special love for his girls. He's so much better with daughters than he was with sisters. I'm greatful for all his advice, and for all his hand me downs. And I'm sorry for stealing your clothes in high school.

And my sweet husband. He's been a dad at heart for years, and now he finally has a baby of his own to schmooze over. I'm so greatful for his support, throughout the pregnancy, labor, and all our ups and downs until we finally had Maeli in our arms. I knew he'd be a great dad, but watching him with our little baby is so much more amazing than I ever imagined. He truly is a natural Dad.

There are dozens of other dads that we know and love. All the brothers-in-law, uncles, grandpas, and friends. We are thankful for the special role each of you play on our lives, and we appreciate the great example that you've been. We love you!

Last, I wanted to post a picture of me now that the pitocin is out of my system. I still have many pounds to go, but maybe Brian and Chanie will quit talking about my "puffyness"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh beth you and maeli look beautiful. i wished you still lived here. we could go to the high school and walk like old times(without judy). i miss you. hope to see you soon.make sure you tell jeremy hello and he looks like a pro at bath time. you both look so happy. love always, brenda

Anonymous said...

We only talked about your puffiness once, it's not like we've been making fun of you for days.

Anonymous said...

You look like your cheery old self! I'm glad that parenthood suits you and Jeremy so well. That was so sweet what you said about Brian. He is a great dad! I'm counting down the days until we see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and wonderful tributes to all your 'dads'. Your 'puffiness' will disappear fast as you will do lots of running to keep up with a baby. You look GREAT. Love, Gramma