Friday, June 15, 2007

Huge Blessings

On Wednesday, our tenant in the "old" trailer gave notice that he's moving out July 1st. On Thursday, Maeli and I sold the trailer for $1000 more than Jeremy and I paid for it 2 years ago. The guy took a look and wrote us a check that night. We loved having the rental income, but what a huge blessing to be rid of the trailer, and to have had zero time with it empty. We're so thankful.

On the flip side, today is our first day without Gramma Terry. We already miss being able to give Maeli away arounf 5:00 am, but we made it through the night. Although she did end up in bed with us for about 3 hours this morning. But, I was showered before 11:30, and I'm waiting for one more diaper before we get Maeli cleaned up for the day. I am really glad that its Friday though and Jeremy will be home the next two days to play with us. We're even going to try church on Sunday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the sale! Your mom told me of the possibility when she was here. Blessings are wonderful and they come to such great people! You've sure gotten some wonderful ones the past couple of weeks. I'm for as many as possible!!
I sure enjoyed having dinner and a short visit with your Mom but I know your dad is so happy to have her home. I think it would be great to have the whole family living in one town. Maybe a large town, but even so....Guess that's what Heaven will be!
All the pictures are great. Make sure that I get a 'framer' before she gets too old. Gotta get busy. Love to all. Gramma

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Maeli is SO relieved that her parents are no longer slumlords! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, you're alone with just your parents and no grandma! Yikes. I bet Terry was sad to leave. Chanie said you might get to come here for the Pampered Chef Party. Haven't told her yet, but I've invited 80 people. Is that too many? Especially since my oven doesn't work. Well you know the rule of invites - only about a third comes. I think it's less than that. I would be excited if 25 people came. But we'll see. I hope you are one of them. I want to see that baby. I miss holding a tiny one. Brayden is on the move, but he's still so cuddly. Well it's Friday and I'm tired and I haven't had dinner, so I just wanted to check and see if there were any more pictures. Sadly, no. I hope you've been showing Maeli my picture so she'll already know here favorite auntie. Hugs to you all. I love you guys, Mavis

Anonymous said...

What's Mavis talking about? Favorite Auntie? Hah! It is totally going to be me. You'll see. She'll want to come stay every summer with Aunt Sheila and when a new baby is born I will tell her that she is still the favorite!

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, pictures are always a plus....