Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dialating...

They started Beth again on petosin at about 10:30. We went to bed around 11:30. Beth has been up since about 2:00. I woke up at around 6:00. She is dialated to a 3 and is having good painful contractions. They were going to put an internal monitor on the baby but Maeli's head is cocked slightly and they can't get to the top of her head. They think that is why Beth has not been dialating very quickly. They just did an ultrasound to make sure. Right now we are trying different positions in bed to try to get Maeli lined back up right.

There is still some meconium in the ambiotic fluid but Maeli's heart rate has been staying strong and constant. They are both really tough girls and they are going to get through this just fine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got a little sleep! Considering Beth's part of this, I can certainly devote some more time to computer watching. Love all 3 of you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess I'll go to work and watch the progress from there. Looks like little Maeli is going to share her birthday with Nichole. I think that's sweet. Maybe we can have some birthday parties together with Maeli, Opal and Nichole. I'm glad you got some sleep too, because it may be months even years before you get anymore. Ha Ha. Just kidding. I wish I was there so I could really be nervous and excited. Hopefully things will pick up and go quickly now. I love you all - even Grandma Terry. How's she holding up? Oaky, off to work. Hugs, Mavis

Anonymous said...

Please get her out of their!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Bethy! You can do it!
Does it help to know that first babies usually take the longest, so you probably won't have to do this again?!? Have a great day, we are thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope they are letting you eat! Keep up the good work. love you tons.