Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update

My biggest Dude and my newest dude are both sleeping nicely this morning, so I thought I'd take a minute to update, however, I can't reach the camera but I'll upload more pics when Jeremy is up and about.

Jeremy got to bring Riker to our room around 4 yesterday, shortly there after I got to get up out of bed, so I was able to sit and rock him for quite a while. I think he looks a lot like Tucker, but his head and face are a perfect circle, he's really not that chunky at all, but he does have a big head. Super cute. Its hard to tell by the first day, but so far he seems to be very mild-mannered. Gramma brought the kids over again last night so Maeli got to hold him. She's going to be a super-helper because she was trying to bring him things to eat and drink the whole time she was here. Tucker checked him out pretty good, but has a bad cough, so we tried not to let him get too close. Gramma didn't get much of a turn since they did not design the Birth Place to accommodate a curious one-year old boy. Good thing she'll get to have some serious snuggle time while the kids are at day care today.

Little Riker is doing great. We've been able to nurse a few times and he seems to be anxious to get the hang of it. We're not there yet, but he's already way ahead of Maeli and Tucker in that department. He had one fluke bought of rapid respiration's last night, but for the most part has been able to keep him self nice and calm. He hasn't had to have any more oxygen and only visited the nursery so that mom and dad could get some rest last night.

I'm doing good too. I have had some excessive post-op bleeding, so they've given me a few different drugs to try and stop that. The drugs seem to be working, so its nothing to be worried about. I've been impressing my nurse all night with my "amazing kidney function" so they think around 8 this morning I'll be able to get up and get unhooked from everything and probably take a shower. Dr. Hall should be in sometime in the next hour or two to see how we're doing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll let them take up the post-op leg pumpers....better than a blood clot, but my word, I forgot how itchy they are.

Jeremy got a lot of snuggles in yesterday, which is good because it looks like he'll have to go into work for a while today. He wasn't feeling super last night, so he checked out the jacuzzi tub and seemed to feel better. I don't think he got much sleep though...it might be along week for Daddy.

4 comments:

Sibyl Brame said...

A very good report for the first day! It's amazing how quickly the little people get the hang of nursing. I don't like the sound of the excessive bleeding but I'm sure they are right on top of it there. Dave, Teresa, Julie and Spencer all send you their love and congrats. As do I to all there.

sheila said...

Thanks so much for the update! I'm so glad that this birth experience was, for the most part, how it should be.
I also don't like the sound of 'excessive bleeding' but like Grandma Sibyl, I'm sure they are on top of it.
Can't wait to see more pictures and I bet that Grandma is super excited to hold that baby!

Kate Clayton said...

Sounds like things are working out. Thanks for the update. I thought about you guys all day yesterday. Please let me know if you need anything. What day can I bring dinner?

Crystal said...

Good to hear that things are going well. Yeah, I remember those leg thingies. I called the nurse station in the middle of the night and asked if I could take them off. She said that as long as I was moving my legs around, it was fine. Not that that information will be much help, since by the time you get this they'll be off already, and if you're done having kids... but anyway. I shared. Thanks for keeping us posted. I checked you blog a billion times yesterday and even asked Zach if he had seen you guys while he was at work. Hope things continue to go well, you all get lots of snuggle time, and we get get to see the new little guy in person!