Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hospital Highlights

It looks like we're going to be heading home later today, so I thought I better post something before we get into "check-out" mode and things get crazy. Here are some of the Riker's favorite moments of life so far.

First snuggle with Mom

First Diaper with Dad

Big Snuggles with Dad
Meeting Maeli who will be sneaking Riker all kinds of treats because she's very aware that crying means he's hungry...No Maeli, Riker is too little for doughnut holes.
Meeting Tucker who was very intrigued for a few minutes and then moved on to destroying the hospital as quickly as possible.
Finding his thumb!
More diapers with Dad
We got some good sleep again last night, so we're feeling up to heading home to the craziness. Jeremy and I are going to have our "special dinner" for lunch and probably head out after 2:00 or so.

5 comments:

sheila said...

oh my... what a new experience for you... going home after the baby is born:) I didn't think that you'd be going home until tomorrow! You must be doing really well. I'm glad that Grandma was willing to provide the medical fiasco and everything was great for you and Riker.
We love you guys!

Sibyl Brame said...

Isn't it wonderful that the design of the hand allows for easy access for thumb to mouth. Enjoy being home as much as possible. I realize that the moments of bliss have to sneak in among the natural chaos of a three little people house. Even with you well organized folks. Do a cuddle for me with each of them, maybe even a couple.

Kate Clayton said...

I just got chills while reading this post. You have such a sweet family. I love the picture of Maeli holding Riker. I am so excited for you guys. You have such adventures ahead. Congrats again. I am dying to come over and hold that little man. Let me know when you are up for company and cookies :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures, thanks for posting! So happy that everyone is doing well. Take care of yourself Beth, I hope you recover fast and you continue to feel good. Can't wait to meet Riker and see your beautiful family in May, just wish it wasn't so long away.

Love Glenna~

Mrs.Goates said...

Congratulations! What a cute little family. Hope your first day home was great!