Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1 week

We survived week one...of course we still have a three grown-ups to three kid ratio thanks to Grandma.
Riker had an appointment with Dr. Hall and so far we get to keep him. He's gown 1/4 of an inch, and we need 12 oz by next week to be back up to his birth weight. Heart and lungs are great and Dr. Hall said he's very glad that my tubes are tied because its very stressful delivering my huge babies who hate to breath.

Riker seems to be a pretty content little Dude. He eats about every 4 hours, excepts in the late evening when he'd rather eat non-stop. He sleeps very well almost anywhere in the house and doesn't seem to be bothered by the noise of Maeli and Tucker living here. He hates having his diaper changed and seems to be very sensitive to the cold of wipes. He has a pretty strong neck and likes to check out his surroundings. He poops a ton and likes to chew on any of his fingers. So far, we really like him and I think we'll keep him for a while.

I'm doing very well too. Dr. Hall took a look at my incision and all is well. I'm feeling pretty good, which I attribute entirely to the fact that Gramma has taken the night-shift every night since we got home from the hospital. I wake up to find a hungry Riker all changed and ready to eat. I'm down to just Ibuprofen once or twice a day, so I think that's pretty good. I today I put on some fat-girl pants instead of maternity pants, so I think that's pretty good too.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm so happy for you! And glad to hear you're all doing well.

Crystal said...

GLad things are going well. I am jealous you're in fat girl pants though. I wanna be in fat girl pants instead of maternity pants!! Unfortunately I'm still on the getting bigger end for 20 more weeks. My only consolation is that I can wear sweats and warm ups the majority of the time. Keep us posted on the litle guy and everyone else as well. Hope to see you guys soon!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Yeah, I'm impressed with the ibuprofen only thing already. I think I was on Tylenol and ibuprofen for about 3 weeks after my natural birth!! Wonder woman. And in fat girl pants!! Way to go! Hope everything stay perfectly wonderful!

Mrs.Goates said...

He's super cute! And I love Dr. Hall's little antedotes. Good luck with the transition to being outnumbered... Remember zone defense.