Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Sweetie Pie

I have to blog about my wonderful husband really quick. Earlier today I was talking about how wonderful he’s been during the pregnancy and I said, “I don’t know what I’d do without him.” My co-worker said something funny about how without him I wouldn’t be in this mess anyway. True, but I was thinking about that. I can’t get too sentimental in explaining my pondering or I’ll start to cry. Jeremy needs just a few hours to work on school stuff and all will be lost if he hears me sniffling away in the living room, even if it is just over blogging. But I have the best husband in the world--for me. I am continually amazed at how well he knows me, and how he ALWAYS knows the right thing to say (not that he ALWAYS says the right thing, but when he doesn’t, he knows what he should have said). I know that there are so many things about me that he thinks are so weird, but he just goes with it. He has been so sweet and so thoughtful. He bought me a nesting present. Significant for a few reasons. He got me a cordless screwdriver (it’s a girl one though) so that I can indulge in my decorating because his drill is a little heavy for me, and really hard to access with a pregnant belly. When we first got married we had a “discussion” about hanging pictures and why a wife is completely capable of doing it herself. True. So I do a lot of the “decorative” things that only require a hole or a few screws to hold it together. But now when I get into nesting (Not quite there yet) I can just go to town.

I’ve done a horrible job of explaining how wonderful he is. I’m just excited to be married to him. I’m touched by how thrilled he is about every little kick and bump the baby throws his way, and how anxious he is to snuggle his little daughter. It’s seriously killing him to have to wait weeks to see her. He’s so clam and confident that we can handle parenthood, and so supportive and positive that I can handle getting her into this world…it just puts me completely at ease to know that he’ll be with me. I’m so glad that he’s mine, and that I get to be his.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me teary-eyed just reading it. I lucked out with your brother, too. We got ourselves a couple of really good guys!

Unknown said...

I want to make you laugh! Andrew is reading this with me and he said you should have married him.Tell Jeremy I love em and it was nice to see him. Thanks for the great hugs. Love, Brenda

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you feel that way. All wives should feel like that about their husbands. I think your dad is pretty wonderful also.