Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Baby Story

So on Monday we had our Doctor's appointment. I drank the orange glucose stuff (it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I've had cough syrup that tastes a lot worse) and off we went. Normal stuff, check the heart beat (150) and Dr. Hall asked if we were concerned about anything. We had decided that I would be the one to plead for another ultrasound because it’s harder to resist a pregnant lady. So I said that if there was ANYWAY for us to find out if its a boy or girl that we'd really love to know as we're going to Oregon for a baby shower and it would make life so much easier for the Grandmas and Aunts and everyone. So the Doctor has me lay down and measures my belly. He says something along the lines of how even though everything looks good, we'll say I'm 32 and that's too big for my dates, so we better do another ultrasound. So I have my blood drawn for the glucose test (which turned out totally normal) and we made the appointment for the Ultrasound. They were able to get us in Tuesday morning at 8:00.

So we go home on Monday, we decide not to tell anyone that we're having another ultrasound since last time we had everyone all excited and ended up with no answer. So Monday night, I made a deal with Baby that if it would cooperate and show us its goods, I promised not to post any pictures or its privates on-line. Tuesday we get up, I start filling my bladder as requested (and someone told me that if you drink caffeine before an ultrasound the baby moves a lot more and its easier to see everything, so I had a Dr. Pepper with my toast) and we head to the hospital. The tech starts and asks what the purpose is and we tell her the story. She said, "Well its pretty obvious, but I have to see it 6 times before I tell you what it is." She's going along and freezing pictures for us to take home, we see our baby being all cute and then she types on the screen, "ITS A GIRL!!!!"

She looks really good, but she's already 3 pounds 5 ounces, which measures her due on May 17th. But the Doctor hasn't changed my date or anything. The tech only looked at the heart and the fluid, and both of those look good. Jeremy's already pretty smitten with his little daughter. I've caught him gazing at the ultrasound pictures more than once, and he's been singing a lot since we found out. He didn't even flinch when I made a joke about never getting away from a house full of women. We very excited to know that it’s a girl, and that she seems totally healthy. And it looks like she'll probably be built like a Brame...nice and "sturdy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for both of you. You two will be great parents to your new little girl.
I also can't wait to see you!
Off shopping saturday for a sweet little girl!!!!! Love, Brenda