Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Birthday Girl

Dear Maeli,
I can't believe that we've had you for a whole year already. It seems like we just started getting to know you. You've grown so much so fast. Everyday you learn knew things and you continue to teach me about being a mom. I have loved every minute I've had with you. We have so much fun playing toys in your room and reading books together. I love rocking you and snuggling with you while you sleep. You are so beautiful and so smart, I am so excited to see all the things that you'll learn in the next year. I hope you learn to sleep all night long in your own bed. I love you very much and I am very proud to be your mom. Happy First Birthday my sweet baby.
Love, Mom

Maeli,
We are so grateful to have been given such a wonderful blessing as you. We never could have imagined a more perfect addition to our family. It has been an awesome experience to get to know you and watch you develop into the sweet, beautiful, and smart person that you are now. My greatest wish is that you continue to grow and learn as you have been and remain happy and healthy. Happy first birthday.

Love,
Your Daddy

3 comments:

KT said...

Happy (way late) birthday! Lucky girl got two cakes! She's sure a cutie.

Oh, and your house looks so nice! I am way excited for you.

Bailey said...

Oh how exciting! 1 year old! Yay! Happy birthday Maeli! You are so lucky you have the coolest Mommy Ever!

S.K. said...

I seriously can't believe she is one! It seems like just yesterday when I learned you were having a little one! Happy Birthday Maeli! I think it is the most adorable idea to each write letters to her...I might just have to copy that idea.