Thursday, April 26, 2007

T-Minus One Month, and counting

Officially one month from tomorrow...although she's welcome anytime after May 8th (Jeremy will be done with finals and Maeli will be full term). Her kicks are getting stronger and she must have dropped at least a little because for the past few days I've really enjoyed being able to breath. At the next appointment (next Wednesday) we do the strep B test and check to see where we're at with things. We've got one more baby shower this coming Saturday, although I can't really think of anything else we need, at least not right away, but its nice to have so many people excited for us.

Jeremy is really anxious, just tonight he was talking about snuggling a girl in each arm pretty soon. I'm getting anxious too because as soon as I can lay on my belly I'm getting a massage! We're signed up to pre-register at the hospital so we won't have to worry about paper work when the big day arrives. I can't imagine trying to remember what year I had tonsils out while in labor. I'm really excited about our hospital, everything I've heard has been positive, and I think they'll help to make it a great experience.

We're getting into crunch time with finals and all that. WSU is out next week and my last day there will be that Friday. U of I is a week later, but all of Jeremy's finals are on that Monday, so he'll be done soon too. The just one more semester of Undergrad! WooHoo. He's found so many new interests this semester, its making Grad school a harder choice, but we're pretty sure we're going for a masters, its just a question of which program/specialty Jeremy wants to be part of. I'm so proud of him. He's worked so hard and I know that having all these new family responsibilities has made life so much harder. But he's been to every doctor's appointment with me, we only missed one baby class (and that was my decision) and he hasn't complained once about how grumpy I am as a pregnant lady. I figured out that women have to carry the babies because we'd never put up with men if they went as crazy as we do during pregnancy. And only once has my darling husband commented on my size...and it was true, I really was "bigger today than yesterday."

The weather has turned beautiful and we even went on a bike ride. Four-slow but still prideful- miles eight months pregnant...I'm pretty pumped with pride. Pretty soon we'll put the garden in and it'll really be spring!

No comments: