Monday, December 14, 2009

Spokane

We wanted to take full advantage of my parents while they were on this side of the Gorge for Thanksgiving (see last post) so we asked them to spend an extra night so Jeremy and I could go on a date. They lived in Spokane when they were Newlyweds and wanted to take a stroll down memory lane, so we all got a hotel up there for the weekend. Maeli was SO SUPER excited to go swimming with Grandpa so we had to stay at the Red Lion because they have an indoor pool. I love staying at hotels, although it seems every time we do, I'm in a condition that won't allow my to use the hot tub....humph! We had adjoining rooms, so it was great to let the kids wander back and forth without having to worry about the hall. We had a great stay!


The Date:
Jeremy and I had big plans for our 5 year anniversary, which is coming up in May. However, a one month old puts the ki-bosh on most of them, so we opted to celebrate our 4 1/2 year but going to see the Lion King on Broadway. It was so fun! The hotel was right across the river from the performance, and they have a little bridge you can just wander across--perfect! Our first real date after Jeremy's mission was to see the stage production of Oklahoma in Portland, so it took me back a little. Ahhhh. We had a grown-up dinner complete with an appetizer and dessert (a huge switch from the play-place-esque restaurants we normally frequent), and spent some time together shopping for the holidays. It was a much needed break from our children whom we love dearly. And Grandma and Grandpa not only survived, but seemed to even like it! We may have to consider making this a routine thing!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

OH, I'm so jealous. I really want to see the Lion King. Someday..someday. I'm glad you and Jeremy got some needed "together" time.

Wendy said...

Mom and Dad are sure fun grandparents. Who'd of thunk? ;)