Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Your Girl


Maeli is all about Dad right now (except for bed time, Jeremy has to be the bad cop because I can't really pick her up and drag her back to bed.) She waits all afternoon for his arrival, any kind of sharp wind through the car port and she thinks Dad is home, she runs to the door (which she can easily open) and anxiously awaits him. She usually greats him with "I'm your girl, I'm your girl Daddy." Which i think is just so sweet...it gets funny though because Tucker is "your boy." ie-"your boy is awake" or "your boy made a mess" or (my favorite) "your boy is going to get your girl." But only for Jeremy. For me, she's Maeli, he's Tucker, and apparently I have no claim on either of them. She wants to dance with Daddy and wrestle with Daddy and heaven forbid Tucker or Mom try to get in on it. Now, I do realize that I have become way less interesting since the "baby in my tummy" has prevented certain activities--for example, I could not play in her and Dad's fort tonight without crawling under the crib to get in...hmmm. And truth be told, I hope Dad is the favorite for years to come...the things she says are just so funny right now! I wish I could just record her all the time. We were at an indoor play-place on Saturday and Tucker spit up a little on the floor, I was cleaning it up, and talking to this other mom and Maeli walked over and told this stranger-mom "we don't lick puke." This is not a conversation we've ever had to have at my house, but I can only wonder what that mom was thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids really do say the darndest things! I love to see great 'daddy/daughter' relationships. They are so special. I feel so bad for the girls who weren't able to have one.
It would been worth the price of a ticket to see you crawling under the bed! Go girls! gram

Tarah said...

Important things to learn. "we don't lick puck" indeed. Very good. Love it. Sooo funny.