Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our Baby Story

So now that word is out that we are expecting number three, here is the story: About 5 weeks ago I became suspicious that we may be headed in that direction when I was laying on the floor in the kids' room, and noticed an obvious "bump." I showed Jeremy, and we agreed that I should take a test in the morning, which of course came out positive because I always pass all my tests. So I called my doctor's office and spoke with the nurse, something like this:
Me, "Hi Tammy, I don't think my IUD worked"
Tammy "Meaning? You think you're pregnant?"
Me "That's what the test this morning said"
Tammy "Oh....Well...Let me talk to Dr. Hall for a second...Can you come in? Right Now?"
So I go in, "give my sample" and a short while later Dr. Hall comes in and says, very sheepishly, "Congratulations." So they found the heart beat, and then sent me for an ultrasound to make sure the IUD we had put in after Tucker wasn't interfering with the pregnancy. It was right where it was supposed to be, just not doing its job. And according to that ultrasound we were a day past 13 weeks. So we had to have the IUD taken out right away, but haven't had any trouble from that. And now we're cruising along at 18 weeks. We are grateful that it seems we have no fertility problems and would much rather have it that way than the other. We were hoping to space our kids out a little more, three under three is going to be a little crazy, but we were planning on three, so our timeline has just shifted a bit. We are getting a tubal with this c-section, we have no plans on being that family with 19--we've been compared to them a lot as people are finding out about our little surprise. But Jeremy keeps giving me silver linings to look at: I get to quit my job, we'll be able to get rid of the baby stuff sooner than later, I can be done with maternity clothes as soon as I don't need them, and our kids will go through stages together so we won't have to spread out braces and teenagers and all the hard stuff....of course it'll be 3 at once of almost everything, but we'll figure that out...focus on the positive. We have a full ultrasound the day before Thanksgiving so we should get to find out then what kind of baby we're having...but they double checked for me last time, and there really is only one. Phew. And we're due April 7th, this one will be a c-section too, but since all the issues with Tucker, the hospital won't due routine c-sections before 39 weeks, so it should most definitely be an April Baby.

On a side note, Thank you to Kate for keeping my kids on my crazy baby day.

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow Beth. I had wondered but I hadn't heard anything. Congrats! That's crazy though too, wow.

Tiffini said...

Wow--that is crazy and wonderful. Good luck with it all. I think there are a few of us with close together babies (Ethan and Zach were 19 months apart) who will be holding our breaths will you that first year. It will get easier as they get older--just keep telling yourself that during the crazy days!

KT said...

Wow Beth. Congrats! We're very excited for you.

Katy Ross

Tarah said...

Beth I'm so excited for you. I know it was a little sooner than plans, but like you said...positive stuff. I know I'm far away, but if you need anything that I can do from a phone or mail I'd love to do it! I'm happy that there are no complications with the IUD. What is this about leaving Pullman? You should call me.

Sibyl Brame said...

A baby is a gift from God and you and Jeremy will be even richer with three. It's wonderful!!

Glenna said...

You'll do great, I am so happy for you guys. Hope your feeling good and I'm so glad you didn't have problems removing the IUD. Can't wait to find out what sex the baby is! Miss you all so much.

Lacey said...

Congrats!! When Heavenly father has a plan, he really stops at nothing to get it in place. Kids are such a blessing... especially when they are as cute as yours!!

rexburgskinners said...

Congrats! You will do great...life after 3 is crazy anyway..might as well have more! You are so young! Dont' throw in the towel yet! I remember when I found out my 3rd was a surprise and I was crying and my 2nd child tried to give me their pacifer! Heavenly Father knows more than we! Just enjoy the moments while they are young! They grow too fast... really they do!! miss ya! Tell the girls all hi!

sheila said...

I am so very excited for you. I can't wait to find out what she is. (that's my guess, anyway!)

Kate Clayton said...

I love your kids. I already know I am going to love baby number 3. Yeah for Mclain baby number 3!