Saturday, August 18, 2007

Maeli's Day Out

Since schoold starts on Monday, we had a few errands to do today. We had to go to Moscow to get Jeremy's books, and we decided to go to the Farmer's Market.
We found this guy who does Chinese Calligraphy and we got him to do "Maeli" for us. He actually did several copies because "it is 'beautiful' I must write it beautiful." The one we were going to just buy had an ugly frame, so he said we could switch frames, but them the mat had faded a little bit in the sun, so he redid the whole thing for us. I feel bad that Jeremy haggled him down to $15 when he worked so hard on it. But Jeremy had a fun time speaking to him.
This isn't what we brought home, but the Chinese symbol looks something like this. This says "beauty" which is the "Mae" part of Maeli.
The image “http://store1.yimg.com/I/artisticchinesecreations_1960_25699056” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl is looking so cute! She is getting big and the outgrowing the clothes thing before they wear them keeps hapenning. She looks adorable!

Glenna said...

It's been awhile since I checked out your blog, you do such a good job with it. I love all the pics. You are such a cute family. I hope school goes by fast for you this fall. Lots of love, kiss Maeli for me!

Bailey said...

I just want you to know that I had Denny stand behind me and hold my belly up and it was the best thing ever! It feels so nice! Also I've been trying to eat a lot of frozen grapes instead of ice cream. Thanks for all the good advise! You are so smart!