Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Time Out

So Jeremy and I went on a date...without the baby. This was the first time we left her with someone who isn't family (and even then Auntie Sheila watched her in the hotel room while I was swimming downstairs, I'm not sure that counts as "leaving"). My friend Amy has been wanting to watch Maeli for weeks as she's having a baby girl next month and wanted her 18 month old son to see another baby, and her 11 year old son to play with a girl baby.

Our three hours went like this....drop the baby off at 6. Meet Jeremy at the movie theater, buy tickets ($2 each, you gotta love the Thursday deal night) to see Die Hard 3 (we've been wanting to see it because of the whole McLain thing). Got such a deal on the movie that we got popcorn and pop! Enjoyed the movie...basic Bruce Willis saves the day while destroying half the city...much like the other 2 Die Hards, but it was good. Then my husband treated me to ice cream at Baskin Robbins...chocolate mousse...delicious. Then off to pick the baby up at 9:00.

Her three hours (according to Amy) went like this...Cry for 2 hours, poop 4 times, refuse to eat anything. Avoid getting smacked (only happened once, and not a big deal) by the 18 month old. Go out side, look at the world while crying on the porch. Fall asleep half an hour before mom and dad pick her up. Wake up while Amy is telling mom and dad about the evening and smile at my mom like she's the best thing I've ever seen! Snuggle and drool on her neck. Go home, eat a ton, change into jammies, and go to sleep.

We should do this more often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes you want to go ut again, doesn't it? It always takes me a really long time to leave my babies because I am afraid of that happening!