Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Full Term"

Which really doesn't mean a thing to me as my last "full term" baby was a "gigantic premie," but technically I guess it should mean everything would probably be okay if the baby was born now...used to make me feel better, now, not so much. But we are getting close. I didn't have an appointment this week, but at my last one they checked me and I was starting to efface and was dilated to 1.5--not that I'm a total cynic, but I got that far with Maeli and nothing more ever happened...for weeks, so I'm not really counting any chickens yet. I sound a little bitter about my past experiences, and I'm really not, I just know that things NEVER go as planned, so I'm trying not to play out any scenarios in my head. Things are normal though for this point in the process, and we're still a go for the April 5th date. I have an appointment next Wednesday to see where we're at and I'll keep the blog as up-to date as I can when we get to crunch time. I got to go in and pre-register at the hospital, and my co-workers are counting down the days till my farewell lunch, so I guess it really is getting pretty close. I'm still not nervous about the actual surgery...just holding my breath a little until we hear the apgar scores. This week we still like the name Riker.

5 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

I have to say, I love the name Riker. I think it is way cute! I am excited for you guys. I can't believe you are already full term. Wow. Time flies when you are the one who isn't pregnant :)

Sibyl Brame said...

Getting close!

Opie said...

I really love reading your blog. I can't believe you're already "full term". You have such an adorable family!

sheila said...

Full term? What's that? I can't wait until the big day, I just wish it was this week (spring break) so I could come up and see ya!

Tarah said...

Yikes! Do you hate me because I forgot your birthday? So sorry. I hope it was a good one, but with the few things I read on facebook it didn't sound that...relaxing. Happy Belated Birthday!