Wednesday, March 24, 2010

38!

I had my thirty-eight week appointment today and all is well. No real progress since last time, although my Doctor commented that there is "a lot of head" and "not a lot of room to breath" when he was measuring me. It justified my whining about how big I think the baby is...we'll see, but my mom swears that the third baby is the huge one in our family. And people who see my daily keep referring to my "torpedo." And people I don't even know are suddenly very much aware of my pregnancy. I don't have any more appointments until the pre-op on the 4th, unless something happens, or I feel like I need to be seen. I'm actually getting pretty excited (not sure if that's just the thought of not being pregnant anymore) but Maeli is the one who can't wait. She really wants us to name the baby "brother" and won't call him anything but that. She talks constantly about when "mom's tummy gets cut so we can have our baby." We were in the car today and I started to warn her that when the baby comes we have to rearrange the car seats, so she'll be in the middle so she can help mom when the baby is crying. She got really concerned and said, "But maybe the baby will cry and I can give him a Binky, but if Tucker cries and I hold his hand I can't give the baby a Binky." So, she's just as worried as I am about the multi-tasking, hopefully together we'll be able to handle it. She's so anxious though, she knows we have to wait for one more gymnastics class, then Grandma comes, the the Easter bunny comes, then the next day we get our baby. Just too many things in the way.

Tucker is of course oblivious to the situation, although I think he'll be glad when I have more lap to offer him. He's been sick this past week but seems to be on the mend. We were already planning on some serious spring cleaning this weekend, but now its a must. He's getting so big and climbing on everything, I fear Grandma Terry might be overwhelmed. He prefers Dad over anyone else, which is probably a huge blessing. He doesn't have a lot of words, but is a great communicator. He often brings Jeremy his empty cup, shows it to Jeremy, puts it in his mouth and 'sucks' to show that its empty and then hands it over to him. He must be brilliant, right!? He's pretty much happy all the time, but is seriously curious and not afraid of anything. I think that's a boy thing. He adores Maeli and loves to snuggle with her in a blanket. He follows her around all the time and is grateful for any attention she'll throw his way...which often means making her scream...ah..siblings. I can't imagine what our home would be like without our Tucker.

Jeremy has been crazy busy at work which has meant a lot of evenings and Saturdays away, I feel so fortunate though to have a husband who loves our kids so much. He often comes home for dinner and some play time knowing that he'll have to turn around and head back to work for a few more hours. He's doing great in his class and has been able to earn some money doing some Chinese translation projects this semester. He's excited about the baby's arrival, and I think he's even excited for me to be home with the kids...part of it might be my promise to start packing lunches for him on occasion, but we both think it'll be a good move for our family.

And I'm counting down my last few days of work, my replacement is fully in place and I'm feeling ready to move on, sort of. I'm looking forward to my mom's arrival...well, really I'm looking forward to all of it. Such an adventure.

4 comments:

Tarah said...

I'm so excited for you! To almost be done being pregnant is just such a joy. I'm also way impressed that you promised to sometimes pack lunches for Jeremy. Dan is still trying to get me to make him lunch when he comes home, and I'm just not feeling it. Actually, he tries for dinner too, and lately that hasn't been there either. My poor family. Yours is so lucky to have you!

Kate Clayton said...

Wow Beth. This baby is coming soon! I am so excited for you guys.

Wendy said...

Maeli is so darn cute. At least she picked something acceptable to call the baby!

(Tucker's cute, too!)

Sibyl Brame said...

It's a Wonderful Life!! Well said!