Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Birthday kind of Day

Dear Grandma,
Sorry you missed my birthday party. Don't feel bad, I had a good time. Maeli woke me up because she was really excited to sing.
I was so happy to see my whole family first thing in the morning....they sang the birthday song and made me smile.
We had a yummy breakfast and had to hurry to school. I took cupcakes for my friends and they all loved them. Maeli was sad that there wasn't one left for her, but she and I had a lot of fun playing with the giant cookie monster balloon that my teachers got me.

We had pizza for dinner because its my favorite!

Mom and Dad got me my very own tent! I was so excited to crawl inside and hide with Maeli

Dad blew up lots of balloons and put them in the tent so we could play. I really loved chewing on them and laughed and laughed when I popped one right in my face.

Mom and Costco worked really hard to make a delicious cake for my birthday...when Maeli turned one she had the very same cake...Mom said she really likes this tradition.

I didn't know if I was supposed to eat my cake or not, so I waited until Dad gave me a little taste.

I figured it out pretty quick though.



After all that chocolate (and a bath in the sink) I really needed a big cup of big boy milk!
I think my friends all had fun at my party.

Maeli got me a toy with a hammer...I really like banging on things with it!
The Wrights got me a great flannel book with pages for the whole alphabet. Janel must have worked really hard on it...so far Dad and Maeli and I have had to take a lot of turns playing with it.
Baby Andrew got kind of sleepy, so I let him use my bed for a while...I was a little too hyper for my normal bed time anyway.
So Maeli and I played balloons in the tent for a REALLY long time...eventually we all went to bed though. It was a very good birthday.
I had my one year appointment the next day. I walked all over the office until it was time to see the doctor, but then I was too busy to do any of my tricks. I'm weighing 21 pounds now and I'm 29 inches tall. Those are both only in the 25%, but I make up for it with my 28" head (79%). I can do all the things I'm supposed to, plus a few "advanced" things, so no one is worried anymore about if my rough start at birth will effect my development. I did have to have 6 shots plus some blood drawn, but I loved my orange sucker from nurse Tammy. I think I'm going to like being One.

Love, Tucker

2 comments:

sheila said...

It sounds like he had a great day! I have that same tent sitting in my closet!

Janel said...

Aaron is kind of bummed he didnt get credit for being at the party, since there was no picture of him. :) We were wondering if there was any cake left that you needed help eating? Let us know, we can help you out with that.