Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Cookies

So one of the ladies in my ward is having her third baby the end of November and is trying to finish school and work up before her C-section on 11/29. She's been watching Maeli from 10-2:00 so I can work more and Jeremy can get some school stuff done, and then I watch her kids from 2-5 while she's on campus. We're 2 weeks into it and things seem to be working well...most of the time. I have decided though, I'm not cut out for dare care. don't mind the other kids at all, but it takes a special person to do day care I think. The little boy will be 2 in January, and the girl will be 4 in February. While Carson was "taking a rest" (he doesn't like naps), we girls decided to make some pumpkin cookies. It was a lot of fun, although they reall don't taste that good. We all had fun.



For the record, Maeli didn't eat a cookie. She was in her chair on the table and when I wasn't looking she reached one of the finished products and got some frosting on her fingers which then went straight to her mouth...she liked it though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys did great! I just spent an evening frosting cookies with my young women, and they made a much larger mess than your young charge - and ended up with a lot more frosting on their faces, too. (Two of them even got frosting in their hair!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and the movie. I love hearing her laugh and she has such a happy face (like her Mama did). She is getting to be such a big girl. I can hardly wait until next month.

Anonymous said...

Sitting up AND finding her thumb AND tasting frosting!! What tales she could tell!! She really is a dolly girl.
About child care, from one who knows, you don't really have to be out of your mind to do it, but in a long term setting, be advised that you probably will lose it or at the very best temporarily misplace it! I'm glad you are able to handle it now when you need the exchange. Gramma sibyl