Monday, October 8, 2007

4 month update

I have pictures to post later, but wanted to get the stats out there: As of 3:00 this afternoon our little baby is weighing in at 16 pounds even (that's the 92nd percentile) and is 24 3/4" long (67th percentile). As Dr. Hall said, she is a happy, healthy, solid, perfect baby. Her hernia is all but gone and she passed her abilities test with flying colors. And she did great with her four shots. She was done crying before I even got her into the car seat.

In other news, we had a great visit in Richland for conference. And Maeli did her roll over trick for the Grandmas to see. Thanks Gramma Terry for the Halloween Costume and Aunt Opie for the shirt. "Daddy's little pumpkin" will be quite the center of attention at all her Halloween engagements.

Jeremy has 9 weeks of school left and it seems they're going to be very taxing on him. I don't think he's had a full night's sleep in weeks. Too many projects and assignments to work on. Graduation is December 8th and anyone who wants to come is more than welcome, but you should be aware there are no hotels available anywhere near here. He has a job interview later this month and we're hoping it'll give him a chance to get some different experience to add to his resume'. Plus half our stake works there, so it would be fun. I admit I'm dreaming of a real income, (which I could quickly trade for real furniture) but as long as he's happy at work we'll do great.

My work has been interesting as we've now had 5 of the 7 babies born in the past 4 1/2 months and the other 2 should be along shortly. We're all flying by the seat of our pants and working on "new mom" brain as best as we can. I hope the hospital will recover from it's entire billing department being on maternity leave. I've had requests from some of my old clients to so some massaging, so I've been working a little from home. Its hard with Jeremy's schedule to get Maeli out of the house, but its worked out so far. I'm excited for The Great Gathering
And I hope that it'll be a success for scrap-booking and for massaging. I never know which one to hope I get to do more of.

I better get the rest of the house cleaned up before I head to bed. I've been trading kids with another girl in our ward. She takes Maeli at 10am so Jeremy can get some more school stuff done, and then I take Maeli and her kids at 1:30-5:00pm so that she can go to work and get her school work done. Its been...a learning experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Maeli is getting so big. I'm excited for great gathering too sister. Part of me doesn't want to find a job until it's done so I know I can definitely go. Love ya! And tell Jeremy good luck with the interview.

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful visit also and loved watching Maeli doing her tricks (of course, I am impressed with drool, so how hard can that be). She is a beautiful, happy, healthy baby and I am proud of the wonderful parents that she has.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That girl has some heavy organs! WOw 16 pounds at four months. Kennedy weighed 16lbs 10 oz at a year, but we are not really sure where she comes from.... I'm excited to see you in November!