Sunday, July 15, 2007

Back to work? Over my dead body

Thanks to Sheila's blog, it turns out my dead body is worth $4855. I'm curious what Dad's would be worth with all of his injuries and such.

And I'm "back at work" now. Not officially because we don't see the Doctor until tomorrow, but I went in every day last week to "catch up." Jeremy has been staying home with the baby until 10 or so, and then bringing her to me at work and she and I stay until she's had enough. Its been working well for us, but my boss at the hospital is concerned because Maeli is a distraction for everyone else. She's good, just sits there and sleeps, but everyone has to stop and admire her. I'm afraid they're going to tell me to not bring her in, and then we'll be in a little pickle until school starts August 20th. We'll see how it goes I guess. My boss at WSU is pretty upset that I'm not going back there in the Fall, but they don't want to give me medical insurance, so it made the choice pretty obvious. On one hand its nice to spend a few hours a day with grown ups, women, and to be out of the house. But on the other hand it breaks my heart to leave every morning, even though she's with Jeremy and its only for a few hours. Of course, when she and I are just home, I'm always anxious for Jeremy to get home so we can all be together, we just have such a nice family.
So it's blazing hot here in Pullman, and it'll be this way until mid-September, Geez I miss Oregon. We've been trying to stay cool, but usually Maeli and I find some reason to need to drive around or go to store mid-afternoon in order to feel some AC. Its hard to believe that we had snow in April.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, if you end up not being able to take Maeli to work, I guess you'd just have to invite your sister from Oklahoma who is apparently the only person in the entire universe who has yet to see Ms. Maeli for a visit! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Girl, are you telling me you don't have AC in your house? I would live in the car until Fall! I got in my car at 1:30 this afternoon to go to church and even with the sun deflector in the windshield, it was a furnace in there and the steering wheel was uncomfortable to hold. Gadzooks, I couldn't live without AC. one of our missionaries wrote from Savannah, GA and said he regards AC as manna from Heaven. I agree. They have 95 to 100 every day and the humidity is about the same. Now THAT'S nasty!
I'm off to bed. You try to stay cool. God bless. Much love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll get use to her and quit wasting time. Of course, I don't know how they could resist just sitting and gazing. It worked for me.

sheila said...

You need to post a sign on Maeli that says :Yes, I am cute, but if you continue to ogle over me, Mom will not be allowed to bring me to work.
What a cute little family you have!