Friday, September 30, 2011

I Remember!

Tucking Maeli in last night:

Maeli, "Tell me the story about when I was born."
Mom, "...And you just didn't want to come out of my tummy"
"I remember! I didn't want to come out because it was snuggly and warm"
Mom, "Well, you didn't want to come out, and the medicine to help you come out wasn't really working."
Maeli, "Mom, you know what you should have done?"
"What?"
"You should have showed me some jewels and bracelets and then I would have come right out!"

~A Short Time Later~

Mom, "So when you were all cleaned up, the nurse gave you to Daddy and he brought you over to me-"
Maeli, "I remember! And the kisses you gave me were so, so, SO, sweet, and I thought, 'this is the only family I ever want to be in!"

2 comments:

Marilou said...

Isn't it good to have those moments so that we remember how much we really do love them? :)

Tarah said...

Ooooohhhhhh, that is adorable. She is so sweet!