Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Amazing Husband


So my super cute husband asked me out on a date tonight--full service in that he called to get us a babysitter and everything, I had to do nothing but agree to go. He took me to an Indian Cultural Celebration Extravaganza. Lots of music, and dancing, and food. It was really fun, but what I found to be amazing is how much Jeremy loves learning about other cultures--which I already knew. But while I spent the entire evening trying to remember how to pronounce the name of the people sitting with us, by the end of the 3 hour program, Jeremy could tell the difference between the songs sung in Hindi and those in other Indian dialects. I enjoyed myself, a lot. But he was in total heaven! Absorbing everything around him, and asking questions and remembering names of little towns in India and which God is in charge of what, and where the best Indian restaurants are in Spokane. I am so impressed with his love of all people. He teaches me so much, and makes me want to be a better person. I'm so glad that he pushes me to try new things and on occasion even pops my little comfort bubble so that we, together, can explore the unknown. Of course, he has an ear for language, and a stomach for exotic cuisine, whereas I have neither. But I'm grateful that he wants me to be part of that side of him.
We've known each other for 12 years, and I'm still amazed by how sweet and kind he is. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have him as my partner in this life, and the next. A good friend of mine lost her husband this week in a tragic accident at his work...the fragility of life is suddenly very real and scary to me. I cannot imagine my life without Jeremy. He is my best friend, my confidant, the best Father I could have ever hoped for for my children. The one who lets me cry on his shoulder for no reason at all, and makes me laugh at myself for being "such a girl." I take him for granted so often, relief when he walks in the door so the kids will bug him for a while, snuggling when I'm cold, sharing ice cream while we watch CSI, even having someone to put that one necklace on me that I can never get clasped. I am overwhelmed by the grief that my friend must be feeling, imagining the conversations she'll have to have with her kids as they get older, coming home every night and knowing that her husband won't ever be there. The only comfort I find, is in my knowledge that Families Can Be Together Forever. That no matter what happens here on Earth, no matter how short our time together is, that as long as we are faithful to the commandments and covenants that we've made with our Heavenly Father--then we can spend eternity as a family. I pray that the Zorb Family will be comforted in this time of heart break. I pray for Janine, Mattie, and Tristan--May the spirit of peace wrap his arms around you and hold on for as long as you need him to. In the weeks, months, and years ahead, may you know that there is a plan for each of us. A plan that leads to happiness beyond measure, where we can be reunited with loved ones we lost here on Earth, as well as those we knew before we came here. Know that God loves you, he knows the pain you are enduring every moment and if you let him, he will do all that he can to fill your lives with His love, and the love of those around you. The McLains love you too! If there is anything we can do to ease your suffering, please don't think twice about asking, we are here for you.

4 comments:

rexburgskinners said...

beautifully put...I have been hugging my husband and kids a little tighter too.

Mom said...

We have been praying for Janine also. I love your family picture and I am so thrilled to see all of the blogs and the new pictures.

Kate Clayton said...

What a beautiful post. Made me cry. I am thankful for my amazing family too. We love the Mclains!

Marilou said...

Thanks for sharing :) I love your new family picture.