Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Its Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

My sweet husband has been enduring my Christmas mood since just after Halloween, but I think the bug has finally gotten a hold of him. The other weekend, of his own accord, he decided the house needed some Christmas lights...and out he went...I even heard him singing Christmas Carols while he was working.

We inherited a bunch of lights from my mom and Dad, but had never actually put any of them up. Turns out most of the worked and we only had to buy one strand to finish the look.

Maeli was quite impressed the lights, and her new coat.
On a side note, I made this cute stockings holder at Super Saturday..which I love, but caused a small bit of strife in my home. First of all, it so happened that I got a board that didn't have holes in it yet, which worked out great because I was able to buy an extra hook for the other kid we think we might want someday. However, I did get in a little trouble for bringing home "more decorations." Can't blame Jeremy, I'm a sucker for Christmas. So I drilled my own holes! Jeremy did give me a little lesson, but I'm still proud of myself. But we also have the rule that I'm not allowed to put holes in the walls...and Jeremy didn't like the hardware that I had with which to hang it (he didn't think it would hold very well if we put stuff in the stockings) so he got some other stuff which seemed more complicated, but a better solution to me. Anyway, after all was said and done, he hung my stockings with care, for which I am so grateful! Thanks honey.

No comments: