Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just Because

I realize that its been a while since we've blogged, but it seems like our day-to-day life just isn't very blog-worthy most days. However, since I get frustrated when its been more than a few days since Sheila blogged news on the girls, I better get in better habits. Our big thing (baby-wise) this week is that Jeremy was able to feel the baby kick. He had his head on my belly singing to the baby and it kicked his ear. I'm not going to read into it though, I'm sure the baby was just responding however it could, nothing personal. We have an appointment the 5th of February and we're going to try and see if we can weasel another ultrasound...we'll of course let everyone know if there is any news.

Jeremy has been really stressed this week, so today he went ice fishing for the first time with some of the guys from our ward. I'm hoping someone took a camera, if there are pictures we'll share. Its some sort of derby with prizes and stuff, but I think Jeremy just needed some male bonding. I was invited, but I don't like being that cold. And I just keep picturing scenes from Grumpy Old Men. He really likes blogging himself, so I'll let him update you on his world.

Things are really normal with me. The baby and I have come to somewhat of an understanding as far as the schedule goes. As long as I get up and go potty before 5 am it'll let me keep sleeping until 7, but if I'm even a little late, its time to be awake. I don't really think there's anyway to have the day/night thing down by the time its born, but might as well try. Work is going well, the hospital transitioned well to the new year and I'm almost all caught up on the stuff left over from 2006. I think that's pretty good. I'm thinking about working a little less at WSU. I've been doing 3 massages a day and I think it might be time to drop it down a little. We'll see how things go at the doctor's.

Well, I've got lots on my list today. Sharing time for tomorrow, Taxes, Fasfa, laundry, dishes (in my now working dishwasher, I love my husband!) and the usual Saturday stuff. I love the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! Okay, so the baby is up at night more (and it gets worse the more pregnant you get) because during the day you are up moving a lot and lulling the baby to sleep. When you lie down at night, the baby isn't being "rocked" anymore so (s)he wakes up. About a month before your due date start sleeping a lot during the day (what better excuse for a nap???) and being up moving around at night. That should help somewhat in the sleeping. The other cilprit is dirty rotten relatives (and husbands) that only want to hold and hold and hold the baby, which is so comforting and sleepyful. Then, at night, they go home, the baby is put down and decides that being down sucks and cries to be held, plus has already slept all day. Not speaking from experience or anything......
Also, read Baby Wise. I totally recommend it! (It's worked for my friends, I haven't actually tried it, but I will the next time!)

Anonymous said...

oops, there were some typos. like culprit. And the husbands don't go home--they usually stick around.